[Digikam-users] compile problems

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Feb 21 13:52:42 GMT 2008

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I still try to compile the svn version. As it still seems that exiv2 svn
> cannot be reached I installed the latest from a tar file. But running the
> compile_digikam.sh (to install in home directory) gives the following errors:
>
> -- libkcal found.................. NO
>
> but: there are my libkcal_-files in /opt/kde3/lib and two others
> in /usr/lib...
>
> -- libsqlite3 library found....... NO
>
> but: there are
> /usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0
> /usr/lib/libsqlite.so.0.8.6
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
> on my system

In addition to these libraries you also need the corresponding
header files for libkcal and libsqlite.
Usually these are found in a packaged named with the additional
 -dev or -devel (however I don't know OpenSuse ...).

> -- libkexiv2 library found........ NO
>
> well, it is installed (by Suse rpm).
>
> Then it says: digiKam needs libkexiv2 library >= 0.1.7. You need to install
> libkexiv2 first libkexiv2 website is at http://www.kipi-plugins.org
>
> But there is no 0.1.7 on that page, 0.1.6 is the latest, and that's what I
> have installed from suse rpm...

You have to install the svn version of libkexiv2
(It might be better to de-install the system 0.1.6 one before
installing digikam; I think there were some problems if both
are installed ...)

The script compile_digikam.sh  at
http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
should do this, if all requirements are fulfilled
(Check the result of configure. If something is not
found, usually the corresponds libs+devel need to be installed.)
> Of course digikam crashed wen I tried to start it...

Presumably a mix of libraries and versions
(E.g., what does `which digikam` point to, still the system installed
digikam?)

> Now what must I do?
>
> (After a hd crash I am on openSuse 10.3 now, no data lost, but I don't know if
> I have to adjust something in the compile-scripts - so many things have
> changed since suse 10.0...)

Well, I don't use suse, but in principle the
instructions should work. Let's see how far you
get with installing the -dev files ...

And: don't hesitate to ask! (For sure this is
a bit frustrating, but you succeeded in the past, so I am
very optimistic ;-).

Best wishes,

Arnd