[Digikam-users] Can't Create Album on WinXP

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 16:03:05 GMT 2008

Gary Pajer schrieb:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Gary Pajer schrieb:
>>> Version 0.10.0-beta6 (rev.: 887796)  (svn, built myself)
Can you please always add your compiler here ;-)!!!!
The behaviour might differ between mingw and msvc.

>>> I have folders on an external USB drive that I want to add as albums.
>>> If I choose Album>New... and fill in the dialog box, click ok, digiKam
>>> returns with an error:  "Failed to create directory"
>>>
>>> Is this a bug, a problem with my system, problem with my build, or am
>>> I doing something wrong?
>> I couldn't see this, but on the other hand I tried to add a new external
>> repository and this crashed digikam (I had no time to look after that).
>> So very likely it is a bug.
>
> By "add a new external repository" do you mean add an album of images
> that live on an external drive?  If not, what is an external
> repository?
>
> -g
Settings->Configure Digikam->Collections->Collections on
Removable...->Add Collection
then choosing a folder -> crash

about the klauncher stuff: please kill all KDE applications (including
dbus-daemon), run 'update-mime-database %KDEROOT%\share\mime' (replace
KDEROOT) from your kderoot directory, then run 'kbuildsycoca4
--noincremental'. Very likely then you can experience the same crash as
I do.

regards,
Patrick

--