[Digikam-users] Can't Create Album on WinXP

Gary Pajer gary.pajer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:38:06 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:
> Gary Pajer schrieb:
> Can you please always add your compiler here ;-)!!!!
> The behaviour might differ between mingw and msvc.

mingw

>>> I couldn't see this, but on the other hand I tried to add a new external
>>> repository and this crashed digikam (I had no time to look after that).
>>> So very likely it is a bug.
>>
>> By "add a new external repository" do you mean add an album of images
>> that live on an external drive?  If not, what is an external
>> repository?
>>
>> -g
> Settings->Configure Digikam->Collections->Collections on
> Removable...->Add Collection
> then choosing a folder -> crash
>
> about the klauncher stuff: please kill all KDE applications (including
> dbus-daemon), run 'update-mime-database %KDEROOT%\share\mime' (replace
> KDEROOT) from your kderoot directory, then run 'kbuildsycoca4
> --noincremental'. Very likely then you can experience the same crash as
> I do.

Progress:  I did as you suggest, and the klauncher stuff is gone.

Settings>Configure digiKam>Removable Media>
The dialog open up, and a file tree is displayed.  But it's root is
c:\, and I can't figure out how to find my external USB drive.
Windows has assigned it a drive letter (H:) which I can see in Windows
Explorer.

Changing the "tab" selection on the left:
"Home" and "Root" both show a tree rooted at c:\
"Network" and "Trash" are blank

(I continue to feel that I'm missing something obvious.  If so, I apologize.)

Thanks for your help,
gary