[Digikam-users] Suggestion/request for renaming files

Mark Ovens parish at magichamster.com
Thu Aug 14 19:15:52 BST 2008

Hi,

It would be very useful if digikam allowed you to rename files based on
the original filename.

For example, when I resize photos for the web I use the original
filename with 's' appended, e.g. img_0188.jpg -> img_0188s.jpg

So, in Batch->Rename (and ideally in other Batch operations that also
support renaming, such as Resize) it would be useful if there was a
special parameter to represent the original name, for example %n so, in
the above example the target name would be %ns

Regards,

Mark