[Digikam-users] raw converter

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 09:07:50 BST 2008

2008/8/14 Gandalf Lechner <gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at>:
> Am Donnerstag, 14. August 2008 16:59:18 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>> Go to Editor setup and set on the right option (disable by default for
>> the moment).
>>
>> Note: it's not a kipi plugin...
>
> Ah, theeere it is! Now that I found the new raw converter, I can say that it
> has really improved a great lot over the old one. Whereas the old tool always
> send me off to work with other converters, the new one makes me use digikam for
> raw conversion as well :-)
>
> Some more thoughts/feedback on the tool:
>
> * At first I thought there is no zooming/panning available, but then I
> discovered how to use it ;-)

Yes for the moment only CTRL + mouse wheel work. Look my next message
in this thread for my future plan.

> * Will sharpening be included in the final converter?

I think no. I think the better way to sharp a raw file is to include
it to RAW kernel (dcraw), and not a post-processed action. Try to ask
to Dave Coffin if something can be done in this way.

> * Maybe there should be some user info indicating which adjustments require a
> click on "preview" to show up in the preview window.

Yes, i wil separate RAW decoding settings and Post processing settings
to be more clear.

> * It would be handy to have a button next to each adjustment slider to reset
> this particular slider to its default value.

Planned of course.

> * Will it be possible to save the raw converter settings as profiles?

yes, for KDE3, as text settings file. For KDE4, we will use also
Database later...

> Keep up the great work!

Thanks.

Gilles