[Digikam-users] printing photos - stripes

Per Aalrust peraalrust at t-online.de
Wed Apr 16 19:30:32 BST 2008

Hi Sveinn

> What printer do you have ?

	I use an Epson Stylus Photo R245 printer.

> Which app do you use for printing PDFs ? (KPDF, GhostView,
> Acrobat)

	I created a PDF with kprinter and printed it with Acrobat. That worked fine,
no stripes.

> Do you know what's your default printing subsystem ?

	I use cups with a printer driver from Epson Kowa (Avasys), that came with
opensuse.

> Acrobat seems to have a way of bypassing Cusp, or at least
> use some different setup.

	From my point of view Acrobat does not bypass cups, because I select the
Epson driver installed in cups for printing, in the print dialog. Even if i
just look on the pdf, there are no stripes.

Best regards
Per