[Digikam-users] No UTF-8 in Keywords?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 10:23:32 GMT 2007

Piort,

Yes this problem will be definitivly resolved in digiKam 0.10.0 to use XMP
metadata witch support UTF-8 by default.

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/digikamKDE4_12.png

IPTC and characters encoding is a mess. Nothing is clear. If you use the
right IPTC encoding tag to set UTF-8, other photo-management program will
lack text information (for ex photoshop).

This is why i have delayed the iptc/utf8 problem to study a right fix. A
program like imatch from photools suite under win32 use a settings to
converter automaticly all tag strings to utf-8.

http://www.photools.com/products.php

This is a way that i would to use in the future :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/OthersSoftware/Imatch/setup-iptc.png

Gilles Caulier