[Digikam-users] GPS Logger

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sun Oct 28 06:12:32 GMT 2007

Hi Caspar,

to reply to both of your messages:

thanks a lot for finding out that CVS gpsbabel supports the
DG-100, this is great news and good to know!

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Caspar Maessen wrote:

> Op zaterdag 27 oktober 2007, schreef Caspar Maessen:
>
>   > The thing still to do is making a udev-rule that takes care of the
>   > permissions of the device-file when plugging in the DG-100.
>   >
> Create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-DG100.rules wit the next line as
> content:
> ATTRS{idProduct}=="2303", ATTRS{idVendor}=="067b", MODE="0666"
>
> Did some experimenting this afternoon to find a way to configure the
> device as well. Besides the java app Arnd is using, I found no other
> software for linux. So I tried installing the software from Globalsat
> with Wine. This went fine, but I stranded on the USB to serial
> communication. The app gave COM port errors. So finally I gave up.
>
> When I have some more time I will give dg100util a try, but for now
> configuration is going to be done on my windows-computer at work.

Yes, that's what I did as well - sorry I should have mentioned it,
but I completely forgot, because I defined the settings
once at some point, and since then I did not change them
(and currently I use logging every second anyway. With approx 11 1/2
hours logging time this works out fine for normal trips ...).

In principle all the specifications are given at
  http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=607
section "2.2 Set Configuration".
Maybe you can ask on the gpsbabel list, whether the might
even support the setting of parameters for the DG-100.

Then only a nice track-editor (splitting and merging of tracks,
moving of points) with smoothing of data (i.e. in particular the annoying
fluctuations when the device is at rest) is missing ... ;-)

Best, Arnd