[Digikam-users] GPS Logger

Caspar Maessen cmaessen at casco.demon.nl
Sat Oct 27 21:35:47 BST 2007

Op zaterdag 27 oktober 2007, schreef Caspar Maessen:

  > The thing still to do is making a udev-rule that takes care of the
  > permissions of the device-file when plugging in the DG-100.

Create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-DG100.rules wit the next line as
content:
ATTRS{idProduct}=="2303", ATTRS{idVendor}=="067b", MODE="0666"

Did some experimenting this afternoon to find a way to configure the
device as well. Besides the java app Arnd is using, I found no other
software for linux. So I tried installing the software from Globalsat
with Wine. This went fine, but I stranded on the USB to serial
communication. The app gave COM port errors. So finally I gave up.

When I have some more time I will give dg100util a try, but for now
configuration is going to be done on my windows-computer at work.

Caspar.