[Digikam-users] GPS Logger

Caspar Maessen cmaessen at casco.demon.nl
Sun Oct 28 15:18:14 GMT 2007

Op zondag 28 oktober 2007, schreef Arnd Baecker:

  > > When I have some more time I will give dg100util a try, but for
  > > now configuration is going to be done on my windows-computer at
  > > work.
  >
  > Yes, that's what I did as well - sorry I should have mentioned it,
  > but I completely forgot, because I defined the settings
Now you tell...! ;-)

  > once at some point, and since then I did not change them
  > (and currently I use logging every second anyway. With approx 11
  > 1/2 hours logging time this works out fine for normal trips ...).
This is what I have planned to do. But on the other hand in gpsbabel I
found an option to insert interpolated trackpoints. So applying a
filter option -x interpolate,time=1 is doing the trick as well.

  > In principle all the specifications are given at
  >   http://www.usglobalsat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=607
  > section "2.2 Set Configuration".
  > Maybe you can ask on the gpsbabel list, whether the might
  > even support the setting of parameters for the DG-100.
Studying the gpsbabel options didn't give me the impression that with
the other deviceformats used, sending configuration options is a
possibility. But you never know. Something for my TO DO list, and given
time...

  > Then only a nice track-editor (splitting and merging of tracks,
  > moving of points) with smoothing of data (i.e. in particular the
  > annoying fluctuations when the device is at rest) is missing ...
  > ;-)
These all are options with gpsbabel, so it is just a matter of somebody
to develop a GUI frontend. How are your programmer skills? :-)

Caspar.