[Digikam-users] GPS Logger

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Oct 26 21:24:13 BST 2007

Hi Caspar,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Caspar Maessen wrote:

> Arnd,
>
> in this thread you wrote a few things I would like to react upon.

[...]

>   > Digikam uses the gpx format. For the DG-100 the above
>   > software generates this from the stored track
>   > (globalsat was so kind to release the specifications after my
>   > request ;-); however the DG-100 does not store the NMEA log (which
>   > for example normally contains other useful information,
>   > like the number of satellites found and the signal quality,
>   > as far as I know).
>   > In any case, gpsbabel is able to convert from almost any
>   > interesting format to gpx.
> Based on this comnment I assume that you use gpsbabel to download the
> data from the device.

No, this is not my statement; gpsbabel does no support the DG100
(which would be nice BTW....)

I use
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/dg100util/
"""
Tool to extract data from a GlobalSat DG-100 GPS data logger and store the
data in GPX format. It also can send configuration data to the device,
delete stored data and switch the device to GPS-mouse mode."""

If you have any problems with that, you should mail the developer
Stefan Kaintoch directly (he is very helpful),
and you can put me in CC, if you want.

Hope this helps, best wishes,

Arnd