[Digikam-users] digikam crash

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Nov 17 14:42:01 GMT 2007

I have just installed a fresh Digikam on my Fedora 7 system (I was
using it a while ago on Slackware) and am trying to use it with my new
Fujifilm S800FD camera.

First signs were good, the camera is detected as a PTP one and it even
transferred the pictures from it.

However that's where things went downhill, I tried to copy a picture
from the camera and digikam crashed.

Here is the output on the terminal where I was running digikam:-

    home$ digikam
    kbuildsycoca running...
    DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
    Found dcraw version: 8.60
    QImage::pixel: x=0 out of range
    File 'DSCF0001.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
    QFile::open: No file name specified
    QFile::open: No file name specified
    Exif Orientation: 1
    KCrash: Application 'digikam' crashing...
    Could not find 'drkonqi' executable.
    KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
    home$ ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 27020, errno = 0

Here is the output of "digikam -v" :-

    Qt: 3.3.8
    KDE: 3.5.8-7.fc7 Fedora
    digiKam: 0.9.2-final

When I re-run digikam it fails to connect to the camera any more.
I'll restart everything and have another go.

--
Chris Green