[Digikam-users] digikam crash

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Nov 17 15:10:49 GMT 2007

Hi Chris,

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Chris G wrote:

> I have just installed a fresh Digikam on my Fedora 7 system (I was
> using it a while ago on Slackware) and am trying to use it with my new
> Fujifilm S800FD camera.
>
> First signs were good, the camera is detected as a PTP one and it even
> transferred the pictures from it.
>
> However that's where things went downhill, I tried to copy a picture
> from the camera and digikam crashed.
>
> Here is the output on the terminal where I was running digikam:-
>
>     home$ digikam
>     kbuildsycoca running...
>     DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
>     Found dcraw version: 8.60
>     QImage::pixel: x=0 out of range
>     File 'DSCF0001.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     File 'DSCF0044.JPG' is not readable.
>     QFile::open: No file name specified
>     QFile::open: No file name specified
>     Exif Orientation: 1
>     KCrash: Application 'digikam' crashing...
>     Could not find 'drkonqi' executable.
>     KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
>     home$ ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 27020, errno = 0
>

> Here is the output of "digikam -v" :-
>
>     Qt: 3.3.8
>     KDE: 3.5.8-7.fc7 Fedora
>     digiKam: 0.9.2-final
>

> When I re-run digikam it fails to connect to the camera any more.
> I'll restart everything and have another go.

Well, digikam shouldn't crash in the first place.
Still, it seems not unlikely, that this is  already
a problem of accessing the camera, for which gphoto is used.

Could you try the following commands and report their output:
a) connect camera, what is the output of dmesg
   (only the camera related part)
b) gphoto2 -v
c) gphoto2 --list ports
d) gphoto2 --auto-detect -L