[Digikam-users] stupid user question...

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed May 16 21:18:11 BST 2007

Hi Arnd,

On Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2007, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> >
> > What did I miss?
>
> Hard to tell - Maybe something did not work out during the
> compile so that that the compile does not lead to a new
> digikam?

Can I remove/delete just everything in the source and the binary directories
and then run the complie scripts again?

> (what does `which digikam`  say,

/opt/kde3/bin/digikam

> and an ls -l to that file?)

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 23389 2007-04-24 13:47 /opt/kde3/bin/digikam

But I think this only points to my "normal" Suse-rpm-Digikam. The svn version
(installed in my home directory) I always start with the start script from
the digikam site...

> Did you also install jasper before?
> (see http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/dependencies)
> Important is the --enable-shared during configure, i.e.:

Jasper 1.701.0-4 is installed from suse rpm.
> Then there is a problem, that if you have an
> old libexiv installed somewhere else, then
> this one is found and not the new one.
> (If this is the case, I can elaborate a bit more ...)

I had this problem once earlier, but as much as I remember it was  something
missing in the compile..scripts that time, and that is solved since...
However, since I use the scripts from the digikam site it always worked so
far - except of those missing parts now :-)

> Maybe you can go through the script step by step by
> copy and paste and see if any warnings show up,
> or if the output of the configure steps shows
> any missing dependencies ...

Yes, I guess I will try again tomorrow and let the output go into a file, so I
can look if there are any messages...

thanks

Daniel