[Digikam-users] stupid user question...

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed May 16 19:52:07 BST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after long time I updated my svn version today, wanted to have a look on all
> the new features...

Definitively worth the effort ;-) ...

> But I can't find them. There is no light table, no thumbnails size adjustment
> in settings... I was already wondering before, when the Metadata-Plugin was
> lost (thought, digikam had thrown it out) - but now I see that there's
> something wrong with my version here.
>
> I did the compile_exiv2 and then compile_digikam as always and as shown on
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn (Install digiKam in your Home
> Directory).
>
> What did I miss?

Hard to tell - Maybe something did not work out during the
compile so that that the compile does not lead to a new
digikam?
(what does `which digikam`  say, and an ls -l to that file?)

Did you also install jasper before?
(see http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/dependencies)
Important is the --enable-shared during configure, i.e.:

wget http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper/software/jasper-1.900.0.zip
unzip jasper-1.900.0.zip
cd jasper-1.900.0
export DIGIKAMDEST=/home/scratch/SOFTWARE/digikam
./configure --prefix=$DIGIKAMDEST --enable-shared
make
make install
cd ..

Then there is a problem, that if you have an
old libexiv installed somewhere else, then
this one is found and not the new one.
(If this is the case, I can elaborate a bit more ...)

Maybe you can go through the script step by step by
copy and paste and see if any warnings show up,
or if the output of the configure steps shows
any missing dependencies ...

As you managed to compile digikam from svn before,
I am optimistic that it is just a tiny missing bit -
don't hesitate to post your results, maybe it
can be sorted out quickly!

Best, Arnd