[Digikam-users] stupid user question...

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed May 16 21:42:12 BST 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Daniel Bauer wrote:

[...]

> Can I remove/delete just everything in the source and the binary directories
> and then run the complie scripts again?

I would think so (maybe just move them to DIRNAME_,
so that you could move stuff back, if needed ;-)

> > (what does `which digikam`  say,
>
> /opt/kde3/bin/digikam
>
> > and an ls -l to that file?)
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 23389 2007-04-24 13:47 /opt/kde3/bin/digikam
>
> But I think this only points to my "normal" Suse-rpm-Digikam. The svn version
> (installed in my home directory) I always start with the start script from
> the digikam site...

Yes, sure ;-) - so this would mean to check  the time-stamp of the
digikam executable at the location determined by the script.

[...]
> Jasper 1.701.0-4 is installed from suse rpm.

That should be fine then (assuming that the corresponding -devel
is also installed)

[...]
> Yes, I guess I will try again tomorrow and let the output go into a file, so I
> can look if there are any messages...

OK (feel free to post it to me off-list, if necessary),

Best, Arnd