[Digikam-users] batch rename with mandatory counter at the end?

Volker Guelke guelke at gmx.net
Tue Jul 31 19:32:05 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a possibility to turn off the image-numbering in the
batch-renaming function in digiKam (or potentially the kipi-plugin for
renaming).

Normally I'm to the renaming using an external batch-script using the
following destination format:

YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS[-additional counter].ext

The additinoal counter is used, if I do have multiple images taken at
the same second to keep the filenames uniq.

Badly I'm loosing all Keywords in digiKam, if I do the renaming
externally. So I'm looking for a way, do do the same inside digiKam. The
digiKam / kipiplugin is quite good, but I'm missing the following
options to configure it:

1.) turn off the Image-Counter -xxx at the end of the name
2.) turn on an additional counter in case of duplicate filenames

Until now, I found two other posts requesting / describing the feature.
One posting on this mailinglist from Pedro Venda and a comment to Bug
100769 inside the Bugzilla-System of KDE.

Does anyone know, if it is currently possible to get digiKam rename the
files like I want?

Bye Volker

P.S. I couldn't reply to the original posting of Pedro, cause I just
joined the mailinglist.