[Digikam-users] Howto move Albums from one PC to another?

Volker Guelke guelke at gmx.net
Tue Jul 31 20:26:13 BST 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm currently using two computers (one laptop, one desktop) both running
digiKam. The laptop is used for the initial import and viewing of new
photos if I'm away from home. The desktop is my datastorage and working
environment.

During my last holidays I found the time to enter a lot of tags on my
photos inside the laptop digiKam installation. Now I'm back home and
want to migrate the new albums to my desktop-computer and of course, I
want to keep the tags on the pictures.

Now my questions:

Is there a way to migrate tags together with the album from on PC to
another?

Is there a kind of "whitepaper" on using digiKam in a multi-pc or
multiuser environment to bypass the problems which are potentially
located in such "non-standard" environments?

Thanks in advance,

Volker