[Digikam-users] What is the best way to rotate images?

jc jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 18:09:34 GMT 2007

My camera doesn't record orientation automatically so any photos I take in
portrait view are always displayed in landscape. I want to change them all
to the correct view permanently so they display correctly whatever program
I open them with. They are a mix of jpeg and fuji raw (.raf).

I can see two rotate commands in digikam; Image > rotate, and Image >
Correct exif orientation tag. I remember there was another method in v8,
'lossless jpeg transformation' but although I have the kipi plugin for
that selected I don't see it in the menus in v9.

What I want is to permanently rotate the image with no loss in image
quality.

Many thanks