[Digikam-users] A new version in debian testing packages ?

Pedro Neves paneves at ualg.pt
Thu Jan 11 16:20:45 GMT 2007

yves thomazeau wrote:
> I have the 1.0.9.0-rc1-1 installed and i see in synaptic that there is the
> 2:0.8.2-3 to be the new one ?
> As my actual version is almost perfect and has all the newest features
> decribed in the wiki , i wonder which one is the oldest ?
> Of course the fist number 2 would suggest it is the last developpement but
> then the next numbers are 0.9 against 0.8 versions that would suggest the
> opposite ....
> Can you make that clear to me and the debian users ?
> A very good year to all the team .

Hi:

I've noticed that only after I made the (down)grade. I don't know
exactly why they downgraded the package, but I think it had something to
do with libexiv2 (maybe someone can explain this properly ;-)
Now I've lost all the new features and I cannot revert to my previous
situation, so my sugestion is DON't "upgrade".

By the way, is there any change to get the Debian package for 0.9 back?

Thanks in advance

Pedro