[Digikam-users] Digikam slow

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:46:53 GMT 2007

On 08/12/2007, Andreas Weigl <kde at silicoids-world.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Am Saturday 08 December 2007 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> > > 1. Thumbnail cache too small (don't know how to increase it further)
> >
> > It's 100 MB, as per Kcontrol. Although, I think that is too small for
> > over 13,000 photos. 13000 * 100 KB = 1.3 GB.
>
> Ummm, I just wanted to check what value I have.
>
> The only option I found in kcontrol was
> Internet & Network -> Web Browser -> Cache
>
> But I don't think that this option controls the size of the .thumnail
> directory. It is set to 50 MB and right now my .thumnail directory has
> a size of 72 MB.
>
> Is this the option you meant or another option?

Actually, I meant KDE ingredients -> File Manager -> Thumbnails and
Metadata -> Maximum Size which I had set to 100.0 MB. However, I am
now not as convinced as I once was that this controls the size of the
_digikam_ thumbnails cache. I thought that they were one and the same
because digikam stores it's files in ~/.thumbnails along with
Konqueror. However, I have also noticed that this folder can grow much
beyond the 100 MB that it is allotted.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il