[Digikam-users] LCD for photos

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 12 21:32:42 BST 2007

I think the problem with the "cheap" LCDs is that the color of the
picture showed on the LCD changes with the angle from where you watch
the screen. If you move your head up-down, left-right you will see that
the color is not "constant". Of course I think for most of the people it
is not a problem. But when you want to work with your photos a bit more
professional way (either because it is required, or just your level of
standard is higher) this "effect" is not really desirable.
I am still using my Eizo CRT, and the next LCD I would buy is the Eizo
ColorEdge CG19. But unfortunately that is not the cheap category (more
than 1000 euro).

Regards,
Gabor