[Digikam-users] LCD for photos

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Fri Apr 13 17:23:04 BST 2007

Am Wednesday 11 April 2007 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> Hello,
>
> My old CRT is failing :(
>
> Time to buy new monitor.
>
> What LCD you use and could recommend?
>
> Unfortunately I have rather limited resources. Cheap 19" PVA (some BenQ
> model) is top possibility. Are TN models really so bad for colors?
>
> TIA
Just read a review on LCDs for photographs in the 'Chasseurs d'images'
magazine. They say the requirements are very different from bureau or gaming
screens (we need no speed and no wrong contrast, no lateral angle, but we
need large gamut, good vertical angle, color temperature, gamma, uniformity
over screen).
In the affordable range there's Samsung Syncmaster 205BW 1680*1050 that can be
had for 230Euros. Next best is ViewSonic VG1930wm and Eizo Flexscan 1901, all
at about the same price tag.

Personally I have a Belinea 1020, 20" 1600*1200, and I'm very happy with it.
But before summer I will switch for a 30" cinerama model, and for someone
like you I would sell it really low price (but the postage could be
expensive?)

Gerhard

--
Hakuna matata