[Digikam-users] LCD for photos

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 11 21:48:27 BST 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:

[...]
> The screen is given with a CD including ICC profiles witch are compatible
> with digiKam. Photo color are perfect for me.

Hmm, but if one changes brightness etc., doesn't this
mean one gets maybe a different gamma?
(this question might just show off my non-knowledge
on ICC profiles and monitor calibration ...)

> Note : I have never tested a calib. screen device to compute real ICC
> profile. Perhaps later...

The problem is that none of the cheaper
calibrators is supported under linux
(the spyder hack reverse engineering effort
did not yet succeed: http://yan-ke.com/spyder/)
Only Xrite DTP-94 and Xrite DTP-92
together with the Argyll Color Management System
seem to provide a 100% linux solution...

It seems that currently ``many`` people calibrate
under Windows (on a dual-boot machine) and use
the profile under linux,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management

Best,

Arnd