[Digikam-users] Getting rid of button bars

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:27:40 BST 2007

On 08/04/07, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhard at kulzer.net> wrote:
> The sidebars are considered essential to digiKam. Even if it was possible I
> would not like to see them hidden. They can be reduced by simple click, and
> F11 always catapults you into full screen mode.
>
> I don't find the UI 'horribly cluttered'.
>
> Gerhard

I may have exaggerated. I do find the right (maybe left on non-Hebrew
systems:Albums, Dates, Tags, Searches) sidebar essential, but the left
one (Properties, Metadata, Colours, Comments/Tags, Tag Filters) does
not need to be in the main UI. Ideally (for us) horizontal screen
space could be maximized by having the 9 sidebar buttons as a dropdown
menu in the main toolbar, and a None option. That will net 40
horizontal pixels width. As all our pictures have white bands above
and below them in Digikam, it is obvious that the limiting factor in
their display size is the horizontal width. So anything that we could
do to increase the horizontal width would be helpful.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/rss.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/39/arab_strap.html