[Digikam-users] Getting rid of button bars

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:24:13 BST 2007

On 08/04/07, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhard at kulzer.net> wrote:
> The sidebars are considered essential to digiKam. Even if it was possible I
> would not like to see them hidden. They can be reduced by simple click, and
> F11 always catapults you into full screen mode.
>
> I don't find the UI 'horribly cluttered'.
>
> Gerhard

I may have exaggerated. I do find the right (maybe left on non-Hebrew
systems:Albums, Dates, Tags, Searches) sidebar essential, but the left
one (Properties, Metadata, Colours, Comments/Tags, Tag Filters) does
not need to be in the main UI. Ideally (for us) horizontal screen
space could be maximized by