[Digikam-users] Problem compiling SVN digikam

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Tue Apr 3 20:24:48 BST 2007

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 2007/4/3, Paul Waldo <pwaldo at waldoware.com
> <mailto:pwaldo at waldoware.com>>:
>
>     Hi Sami:
>
>     I tried as you suggested, and the exiv2 and digikam compilation went
>     well.  Unfortunately, when I try to run digikam, I get this:
>
>     $ ./start_digikam.sh
>     digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
>     _ZN7Digikam12AlbumManagerC1Ev
>

> the shared libdigikam.so installed on your computer is not undapted,
> or still 0.9.1 not 0.9.2.
>
> Check your system.
I had an old libdigikam in /usr/lib.  This goes with the digikam that
comes with Kubuntu.  I thought that
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
LDPATH=/usr/local/lib:
should make the new libdigikam (in /usr/local/lib) be seen first.  What
am I missing?
BTW, I moved the /usr/lib/libdigikam out of the way and 0.9.2 digikam
did start, but I'm still curious as to why the above scheme doesn't
work...  Thanks!

Paul