[Digikam-users] Problem compiling SVN digikam

Sami Cokar sami_cokar at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 01:57:03 BST 2007

Hello Paul,

I had to re-install kubuntu feisty so i do not fully recall your issue.

However  a complete fresh may help us see the status of digikam 0.9.1.as
well as taking up my beloved vacation time.

lets compare notes:

OS:  kubuntu 7.04 ( feisty beta)
KDE: 3.5.6

( below is from help->about inside digikam bundled with kubuntu )
digikam: 0.9.1
KIPI library:  0.1.5
KExiv2 library: 0.1.1
Exiv2 library: 0.12.0
PNG library: 1.2.15beta5
Gphoto library: 2.3.0

My cameras:
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT  or 350D ==> RAW files = "*.cr2"
Canon EOS Digital Rebel or 300D       ==> RAW files = "*.crw"

Inside Digikam:

a) 300D and 350D JPEG thumbnail images display.
b) 300D and 350D RAW thumbnail images display
c) 350D RAW thumbnails are correctly rotated for portrait/landscape
orientation
    right click thumbnail -> VIEW  ==> correct portrait/landscape
orientation
    right click thumbnail -> EDIT  ==> correct portrait/landscape
orientation

d) 300D RAW thumbnails are NOT correctly rotated for portrait/landscape
orientation
    right click thumbnail -> VIEW  ==> INCORRECT portrait/landscape
orientation
    right click thumbnail -> EDIT  ==> correct portrait/landscape
orientation

** SUMMARY **
*) digikam 0.9.1 has minor rotation issues for MY Canon EOS Digital Rebel /
300D camera RAW images AND is very usable.
*) There do NOT exist any issues for Canon EOS Digital Rebel / 300D cameras

NOW, as gilles asks us to do frequently is test the SVN version ( now due to
the libkdcraw feature).  I have created a parallel installation of my OS,
one for "out of the box" digikam 0.91 and the second for playing with SVN
digikam.  I will rebuild SVN digikam and give you my feedback.

Paul, i hope some of this helps and is not too overwhelming and that I am
actually answering your question instead of rambling in my old age :)

NOTE:  a lot of time is spent by developers trying to resolve issues arising
from people trying to get SVN builds compiling and executing.  I will try to
look at this after my SVN testing for Paul.