[Digikam-users] Problem compiling SVN digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:50:22 BST 2007

2007/4/3, Paul Waldo <pwaldo at waldoware.com>:

> Hi Sami:
>
> I tried as you suggested, and the exiv2 and digikam compilation went
> well.  Unfortunately, when I try to run digikam, I get this:
>
> $ ./start_digikam.sh
> digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7Digikam12AlbumManagerC1Ev

the shared libdigikam.so installed on your computer is not undapted, or
still 0.9.1 not 0.9.2.

Check your system.

It sounds like you got your version 0.9.1 to work reasonably with RAW
> files.  How is this so?  Gilles states "digikam 0.9.1 use dcraw 8.41
> witch not support these RAW camera files.  current implementation of
> digiKam (next 0.9.2) use dcraw 8.60 witch support it."

and to be more clear, digiKam 0.9.2 use libkdcraw now, witch include dcraw
8.60.

  Based on this
> statement, I'm not sure how you got things to work!

because, i'm developper and i have digiKam from svn installed over 5
computers to test (:=)))

Gilles