[Digikam-users] New splash for Digikam + Studio

Peter Neubauer peter at neubauer.se
Fri Sep 29 20:05:59 BST 2006

Sorry,
crossposting this, it seems better in the kde-imaging list.

Hi David,

On 9/29/06, David Aldred <david at familyaldred.org.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 29 September 2006 05:53, Peter Neubauer wrote:
> > David,
> > actually, I hadn't realized that there was a wizard for this in
> > Digikam, very nice indeed!
>
> I like it, yes!
>
> I should make it clear I had no hand in programming it, though I did get
> inside the code to work out how to add in other page layouts.
>

> > Now, what I would like is:
> > - instead of the red rectangle for cropping pics, a full aspect ratio
> > crop, that even displays the cropped pics afterwards so you get an
> > impression what it looks like
>
> Just to check understanding (as I'm not with you on 'aspect ratio crop') - do
> you mean a resizing which fits the *whole* picture into the available print
> slot (rather than fitting one of the dimensions and leaving some to be
> cropped out to fit the other)?  If so, I'd agree it would be a good
> alternative.

I mean something like in the attached screenshots, that is, you pick a
picture, then get a rectangle with the specified ratio, and possibly a
golden rule grid, and then can resize and move that rectangle over the
picture to determine your target crop.  That crop is then displayed in
the next step, if you don't like it, you go back and start over. A
very nice and intuitive interface for this step in the canon product
IMHO.

Cheers

/peter