[Digikam-users] New splash for Digikam + Studio

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat Sep 30 18:35:23 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 29 Septembre 2006 07:04 PM, David Aldred a écrit :
> On Friday 29 September 2006 05:53, Peter Neubauer wrote:
> > David,
> > actually, I hadn't realized that there was a wizard for this in
> > Digikam, very nice indeed!
>
> I like it, yes!
>
> I should make it clear I had no hand in programming it, though I did get
> inside the code to work out how to add in other page layouts.
>
> > Now, what I would like is:
> > - instead of the red rectangle for cropping pics, a full aspect ratio
> > crop, that even displays the cropped pics afterwards so you get an
> > impression what it looks like
>
> Just to check understanding (as I'm not with you on 'aspect ratio crop') -
> do you mean a resizing which fits the *whole* picture into the available
> print slot (rather than fitting one of the dimensions and leaving some to
> be cropped out to fit the other)?  If so, I'd agree it would be a good
> alternative.
>
> > - custom paper and image sizes
>
> I'd certainly agree with that - but having looked at the code it would take
> a little rewriting to achieve it.
>
> At present, the paper sizes and layouts for images are hard-coded into the
> program; I don't think it would be too difficult to make the program read a
> configuration file instead.   What might be trickier is working out a
> sensible GUI approach to the creation of custom paper sizes and layouts.
>
> Is Todd reading this list at the moment?

If you talking about Todd Shoemakers, he don't maintain the print wizzard
kipi-plugin anymore.

A new maintainer is require to improve fix this plugin.

Note that digikam-user ML is not the right way to talking with kipi-plugin
team. You need to use the kde-imaging at kde.org ML.

There is also the KDE Bugzilla entries about this plugin :

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=kipiplugins&component=printwizard&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED