[Digikam-users] digikam crash with SiPix Snap USB / both 0.80 and 0.81

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Sep 17 17:38:56 BST 2006

Am Freitag 15 September 2006 17:24 schrieb Dieter Jurzitza:
> Dear listmembers,
> my son recently got a SiPix Snap USB camera. It is immediatly detected by
> digikam and shown as:
>
> SiPix Snap SiPix Snap usb:
>
> I can access the camera, pictures are shown:
> SixPix Snap
> image0000.pnm  image0001.pnm image0002.pnm ...
>
> Now, if i try to preview, klick on one of those digikam crashes, I get
> Bogus Huffman table definition
> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid XXXX, errno = 0
>
> If I try to download one of the pictures, I get a crash, too:
> Corrupt JPEG data: 183 extraneous bytes before marker 0xda
> Huffman table 0x01 was not defined
> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = XXXX, errno = 0
>
> I mean, a crash in preview is somehow understandable, but getting a jpeg
> error message during download is strange: why the hell is digikam
> attempting to interpret the data if I say: download? This should not happen
> but does for both digikam 0.80 and 0.81. Anyone there to shade some light
> on this? Your help is highly appreciated!

Please try 0.9.0-beta2. Much has changed, and no bugs will be fixed in the 0.8
series any more.
If you still get crashes, please file a bug report at bugs.kde.org, then
chances are high that your problem will not be forgotten on the mailinglist.
Provide a suitable backtrace (compile with --enable-debug) so that we can see
from where the crash comes.
It seems very unusual to me that a camera provides .pnm files - can you open
them with other programs, what does the "file" utility say?

Btw: When digikam downloads a file, the file's metadata will be read and the
file is added to the database, so it needs to know its type.
And, a crash is always understandable but never acceptable ;-)

Marcel