[Digikam-users] digikam crash with SiPix Snap USB / both 0.80 and 0.81

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sun Sep 17 14:18:21 BST 2006

Dear listmembers,
dear Paco,
I strongly disagree. If I want to download a file I want to download it. Byte
for byte. No the slightest reason for the application to know anything about
it. Moreover, if there is a file called "pnm" and digikam accesses this via
libjpeg we have two options:

1.) "file" returns "jpeg" for the "pnm", what is due to a bad format of the
pnm. This nevertheless must allow me to download the file.
2.) there is a bug in digikam causing the interpretation of those files
through libjpeg anyway.
3.) I deeply misinterpret something.

In any case: I should be able to download a file regardless of it's contents.
If that does not work, there is a bug.
Thanks for helping anyway,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

> Well, I think digikam has to know which type of file is working on.
>
> Paco.

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)