[Digikam-users] Wrong descriptions of GPS tags

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Oct 20 10:58:05 BST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 11:45, linux newbie wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm using digikam 0.8.2 (as provided by Mandriva 2007) and notice that
> the description of the metadata tags for GPS information are incorrect.
> I'm not sure if this is handled by digikam itself or in the exif library?
>
> If I look at the properties of a jpg with GPS information added, I see the
> following tags: GPS tag version     0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
>     InteroperabilityIndex N
>     InteroperabilityVersion   47.00, 13.83, 0.00
>     East or West Longitude E
>     Longitude       7.00, 24.21, 0.00
>     Altitude reference  0x00
>     Altitude                1377.98
>     InteroperabilityIndex   R98
>     InteroperabilityVersion
>   Obviously the labels for "North or South Latitude" and "Latitude" are
> incorrect, even though they can be properly read out by two other programs.
>  However as I said I'm not sure if the labels come from digikam or from the
> exiv2 library?

In 0.8.x, Exif info are decoded by libexif, not digiKam. Please report this
problem to libexif project team.

Note: on 0.9.0, we use Exiv2 library instead libexif.

>   As a separate question, I downloaded the source tarball for
> digikam-0.9.0-beta2 and can see that all the spelling mistakes which I
> submitted to the team (to the devel mailing list) back in March, are
> _still_ present in the latest tarball.  Can you tell me how long it will
> take for the corrections I submitted to get incorporated into the release?

March !!! Never use Mailing for that, but use KDE bugzilla. Nothing will be
lost like that.

Witch spelling mistakes exactly ? Are you check into the last 0.9.0-beta3 ?

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.9.0-beta3/