[Digikam-users] gpssync manual?

Gandalf Lechner lechner at theorie.physik.uni-goe.de
Mon Oct 9 19:03:51 BST 2006

Thanks for the help, now I have the gpssync plugin up and running - it is
precisely what i was looking for for quite some time! Here I would like to
add a few comments/suggestions:

Handling:
- At first I didn't realize the plugin was already installed correctly because
there was no way to edit the gps data from the metadata/gps menu, but only
through the image menu. Maybe there could be a button like eg "add gps data"
in the metadata/gps menu if no entry has been made already.

Functionality/Wishes:
- In manually selecting the photo location, it would be great to be able to
zoom in/out with mouse wheel up/down, as in googleearth. Helps a lot in
finding the right location quicker.
- A feature which would be great for organizing travel pics would be automatic
tagging according to the gps data. I imagine a keyword structure "location"
with subkeywords continent/country/city. A gps entry with corresponding data
would then result in associating the keyword Location/Europe/Italy/Rome with
this picture.
- Another feature I would love to have is an overview world map with stickers
at all the places where fotos with corresponding gps entries are located, and
maybe the possibility to select a set of pics by dragging the mouse over some
area on this map.

Thanks a lot to the developers for this plugin!

Regards,

Gandalf