[Digikam-users] gpssync manual?

Birkir A. Barkarson birkirb at stoicviking.net
Mon Oct 9 15:40:48 BST 2006

> i just discovered the screenshot of the gpssync plugin and wonder if it is
> possible to use it also for entering the position data of the photos
> manually. in my installation of digikam, i have a "gps" sheet under the
> metadata entries, but there seems to be no way to edit the gps data. how to
> use the plugin as shown in
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/newkipigpssyncplugin.png ?

If you install it you can use it to enter co-ordinates in manually.
 From the Image menu select GPS Sync, then clicking the edit buttons
displays google maps and allows you to zoom in to select a location.
Then just apply to the images you selected.

I don't think gspsync has been released yet as a stable release so you
might have to fetch the kipi plugins from svn and compile/install yourself.

Cheers,

BAB