[Digikam-users] gpssync manual?

Julien Narboux Julien.Narboux at inria.fr
Mon Oct 9 19:22:34 BST 2006

Gandalf Lechner a écrit :
> Thanks for the help, now I have the gpssync plugin up and running - it is
> precisely what i was looking for for quite some time! Here I would like to
> add a few comments/suggestions:
>
> Handling:
> - At first I didn't realize the plugin was already installed correctly because
> there was no way to edit the gps data from the metadata/gps menu, but only
> through the image menu. Maybe there could be a button like eg "add gps data"
> in the metadata/gps menu if no entry has been made already.
>
> Functionality/Wishes:
> - In manually selecting the photo location, it would be great to be able to
> zoom in/out with mouse wheel up/down, as in googleearth. Helps a lot in
> finding the right location quicker.
> - A feature which would be great for organizing travel pics would be automatic
> tagging according to the gps data. I imagine a keyword structure "location"
> with subkeywords continent/country/city. A gps entry with corresponding data
> would then result in associating the keyword Location/Europe/Italy/Rome with
> this picture.
> - Another feature I would love to have is an overview world map with stickers
> at all the places where fotos with corresponding gps entries are located, and
> maybe the possibility to select a set of pics by dragging the mouse over some
> area on this map.

One wish I would add :

- When a GPS track is loaded, display it on google maps using a semi
transparent line above the map. Google maps API provides a way to do
this, you just need to give an array of coordinates.

Here is an example :
http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/~jnarboux/phd/lri.html

The same could be done also for pictures (after sorting the currently
selected picture according to exif time link them by a blue line)

Digikam rocks!

Regards,

Julien