[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 15 14:33:54 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 16:20, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:06, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Both installations of Exiv2 releases on the system : 0.10 and 0.11.
> >
> > This is the problem. Please remove the old Exiv2 library installed on
> > your system and let's only 0.11 release.
>
> Gilles, when I want to remove exiv2 Yast tells me that ufraw 0.8.1-1 needs
> it. And I need ufraw for my cr2's very often...
>
> Is there a stable release exiv2 0.11 somewhere that will work with ufraw
> AND digikam? (I need stable versions for my productive work...).

Well, i don't know, because i compile all myself.

Perhaps somewhere have more informations about Exiv2 Suse packages available
somewhere ?

if no, well, only use the official Exiv2 10.0 package for suse, including
developement package to compile of course.

But, take a care : like developper of Exiv2 project (yes i'm very active
(:=))), i'm must ask you than Exiv2 0.11 is more stable and more improved
than 0.10.

> > Clean up digikam/DigikamImageplugins _and _ kipi-plugins source code
> > (both use Exiv2). recompile and install, in first kipi-plugins, in second
> > digikam/DigikamImagePlugins.
> >
> > Normally, this will solve your crash problem.
> >
> > Daniel, if i remember, you use Suse 10.1.
>
> Still on 10.0. I've read too much about problems with 10.1 to give it a try
> - never change a running system :-)

ok

> > Here I have a PIV computer under
> > Suse 10.1 and i have no crash duing of Exiv2 internal bug (listed in
> > other mail from this thread). The Exiv2 bug appear in special case
> > (reported generally on AMD64 computers)
>
> Here its an "old" intel 32.

ok

Gilles