[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 15 11:10:05 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:53, Fabien wrote:
> Daniel Bauer wrote:
> > On Wednesday 15 November 2006 10:37, Fabien wrote:
> >>Try to see lib dependencies with ldd :
> >># ldd digikam | grep -i exiv2
> >
> > digi at venus:~/digikamSVN/bin> ldd digikam | grep -i exiv2
> >         libexiv2-0.11.so => /home/digi/digikamSVN/lib/libexiv2-0.11.so
> > (0x405fe000)
> >
> > this works only in the ~/digikamSVN/bin directory (typed in other
> > directories it says "ldd: digikam not found"..
>
> Sure. I forgot to say ldd must be followed by the path to the file...
>
> > [...]
> >
> >>Note: I added yesterday another point concerning the KDEDIRS that must
> >>be in ~/.profile to be loaded by KDE desktop when it's starting :
> >>http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn#attachments
> >
> > I've added it to ~/.profile - no change.:
>
> Have you restarted the KDE session after modifying this file ?
>
> > digi at venus:~> ./start_digikam_gdb.sh
> > GNU gdb 6.3
> > Copyright [...].
> > This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux"...Using host libthread_db
> > library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
> >
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program: /home/digi/digikamSVN/bin/digikam
> > from /usr/local/lib/libexiv2-0.10.so
> > #11 0x43101425 in _init () from /usr/local/lib/libexiv2-0.10.so
> >
>  > ...
>
> Could you try to rename this file in order to check if it solves the
> problem ?

Fabien,

i have a lot of crash reports duing of dual installations of Exiv2 releases on
computers. Only one Exiv2 instance must be installed on computer. There is no
binary compatibilty between old Exiv2 releases and digiKam will be fragilized
in this case.

I recommend you to post this information somewhere in web site for users wiho
whant to compile digiKam and co. Thanks in advance

Gilles