[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Nov 15 15:20:04 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:06, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Both installations of Exiv2 releases on the system : 0.10 and 0.11.
>
> This is the problem. Please remove the old Exiv2 library installed on your
> system and let's only 0.11 release.

Gilles, when I want to remove exiv2 Yast tells me that ufraw 0.8.1-1 needs it.
And I need ufraw for my cr2's very often...

Is there a stable release exiv2 0.11 somewhere that will work with ufraw AND
digikam? (I need stable versions for my productive work...).

> Clean up digikam/DigikamImageplugins _and _ kipi-plugins source code (both
> use Exiv2). recompile and install, in first kipi-plugins, in second
> digikam/DigikamImagePlugins.
>
> Normally, this will solve your crash problem.
>
> Daniel, if i remember, you use Suse 10.1.

Still on 10.0. I've read too much about problems with 10.1 to give it a try -
never change a running system :-)

> Here I have a PIV computer under
> Suse 10.1 and i have no crash duing of Exiv2 internal bug (listed in other
> mail from this thread). The Exiv2 bug appear in special case (reported
> generally on AMD64 computers)

Here its an "old" intel 32.

Daniel

Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch