[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 15 11:06:07 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:53, Fabien wrote:
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program: /home/digi/digikamSVN/bin/digikam
> > from /usr/local/lib/libexiv2-0.10.so
> > #11 0x43101425 in _init () from /usr/local/lib/libexiv2-0.10.so
>
>  > ...
>
> Could you try to rename this file in order to check if it solves the
> problem ?

Both installations of Exiv2 releases on the system : 0.10 and 0.11.

This is the problem. Please remove the old Exiv2 library installed on your
system and let's only 0.11 release.

Clean up digikam/DigikamImageplugins _and _ kipi-plugins source code (both use
Exiv2). recompile and install, in first kipi-plugins, in second
digikam/DigikamImagePlugins.

Normally, this will solve your crash problem.

Daniel, if i remember, you use Suse 10.1. Here I have a PIV computer under
Suse 10.1 and i have no crash duing of Exiv2 internal bug (listed in other
mail from this thread). The Exiv2 bug appear in special case (reported
generally on AMD64 computers)

Gilles