[Digikam-users] Whoa.. MRW -> JPG is impressive

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Sat May 13 09:49:23 BST 2006

Gilles et al,

The work to make digiKam support (Minolta) RAW files is impressive.
I've just converted a sample shot from MRW to JPG, and the level of
detail that gets transferred in the Exif data is wonderful.  The lens
detection makes me a very very happy person :)

I use Gallery 1 for my gallery, with a hack to use ExifTool to show the
Exif data (the original G1 code checked for extension only!), and
everything I could ever want is showing.

I take it PNGs will have the same level of metadata support before 1.0?
:)  I did a conversion to PNG as well, but showfoto and digikam both
reported no exif data.