[Digikam-users] Sharing tags and rating between two machines

Ferenc Evanics fevanics at gmail.com
Sat May 13 14:40:28 BST 2006

sava wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody have any experience in running Digikam on two machines
> (Digikam 0.8.1 Kubuntu Breezy on both) and sharing tags and image ratings?
>
> I am running Digikam on my laptop, and when I am traveling, I occasionally
> have time to do some tagging and rating on the images I download from the
> camera. I keep my "master archive" at home (containing at least ten times
> more images).
>
> Is there a way to import/preserve ratings and tags I created on the laptop
> during the transfer to my desktop Digikam?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sava
Hi Sava and All,

I do something similar. Supposed, you have the same picture set on both of
your computers, you only need 'rsync' Must be part of your distro by
default. Just type:
'rsync -aP -e ssh comp1:/your/pictures/root/folder/on/comp1
comp2:/pictures/root/foldere/on/comp2'

(Of course without the quotes and all in one command.) comp1 is the name of
the computer where you have the modified set. comp1: or comp2: is not
necessary for the local computer. More info on rsync: 'man rsync'
The only drawback is, that if you edit your existing pictures, database on
both maschines without rsyncing between them, the older info will be lost.

Feri