[Digikam-users] preview problem

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 17 01:04:06 GMT 2006

Dudas Gabor wrote:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
>>> It is weird. It's still not working. I have a feeling that I do something
>>> wrong, since the code from svn (and the packages) was working many times
>>> before!. I compiled them several times. Now it's not working. I shortly
>>> describe what I did:  - I have downloaded the source from svn. I have used
>>> the following sources: digikam:
>>> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/stable/extragear/graphics extragear
>> no. My fix have been commited in unstable branch named trunk (corresponding to
>> the next release 0.9.0), not in stable :
>>
>> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics/ extragear
>>
>> You can see the files fixed using websvn :
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/kioslave/
>
> Okay, I am trying with this.

> Thanks!
> Gabor

I have compiled digikam from trunk and I got a strange result.
The thumbnails are generated only if the pictures are located in a subfolder!
Lets suppose I choose /home/dg/pics for an album folder. If I put some pictures
directly into this folder I will see nothing in digikam. But if I make a
subfolder into it with some pictures, like /home/dg/pics/summer/, I will see
that subfolder, and if I click on that I will see the contents too, as thumbnails!!
I have no idea, what can cause this...

Best regards,
Gabor Dudas