[Digikam-users] preview problem

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 17 12:12:45 GMT 2006

>> I have compiled digikam from trunk and I got a strange result.
>> The thumbnails are generated only if the pictures are located in a
>> subfolder! Lets suppose I choose /home/dg/pics for an album folder. If I
>> put some pictures directly into this folder I will see nothing in digikam.
>> But if I make a subfolder into it with some pictures, like
>> /home/dg/pics/summer/, I will see that subfolder, and if I click on that I
>> will see the contents too, as thumbnails!! I have no idea, what can cause
>> this...
>>

> ok. force digiKam to rebuild all thumbs. Stop digiKam and rename temporally
> your ~/.thumbnails directory to ~/.thumbnails.old, and restart digiKam...
>
> Gilles

The same result :(
No thumbnail pictures are generated for the pictures located in the album's
root...only for sub-dirs.
I will try to compile digikam on another pc, and see the outcome...

Another thing: After I quit, I saw this message on the terminal:

digikam: Dirty: /
kio (KDirWatch): WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle /etc/samba/smb.conf'
kio (KDirWatch): WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle
/etc/security/fileshare.conf'
kio (KDirWatch): WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle '/etc/exports'

I have a samba server running on the pc, but why digikam is dealing with that?

Thanks,
Gabor