[Digikam-users] Printing photos with Digikam

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 17:05:15 BST 2006

On 13/06/06, Jeff Eklund <jeff at marisa.se> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am sorry if this question has been covered before, but I didn't find the
> answer on digikam.org. I have a HP Photosmart 8250 printer and I want toprint
> som pictures. Regular 10x15 cm pictures. However, my Digikam is no in my
> native tounge (Swedish) and all the sizes in the prin dialog are measured in
> inches. I've tried the three photo-sizes (Photo 4x6, 5x7 and with tear off),
> but with no luck. The pictures all turn out too smal. I also realised that I
> needto print it wit a landscape view.
> What settings should I use to print my photos? Is there some smarter way to do
> this? Perhaps Digikam has a built-in detection-type-a-thing that does al the
> sizing and prining for you, when you click "print image" and lets you choose
> all the setting yourself when pressing the regular "print"-button?
> Thanks for a great piece of software!
> Keep up the good work.
> Jeff
>
> P.S. Please forward all replies to me, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Sorry for the late reply, Jeff. I hav found that by letting a
profesional print shop print my photos, they come out better
_and_cheaper_ than printing them at home. The ink for my HP OfficeJet
is so expensive that paying a printer 4 shekels (about 0.80 Euro) is
very much worth it. And the quality difference is visible, too.

Dotan Cohen