[Digikam-users] Printing photos with Digikam

F.J.Cruz fj.cruz at supercable.es
Tue Jun 13 21:42:54 BST 2006

El Martes, 13 de Junio de 2006 17:23, Jeff Eklund escribió:
> Hi!
> I am sorry if this question has been covered before, but I didn't find the
> answer on digikam.org. I have a HP Photosmart 8250 printer and I want
> toprint som pictures. Regular 10x15 cm pictures. However, my Digikam is no
> in my native tounge (Swedish) and all the sizes in the prin dialog are
> measured in inches. I've tried the three photo-sizes (Photo 4x6, 5x7 and
> with tear off), but with no luck. The pictures all turn out too smal. I
> also realised that I needto print it wit a landscape view.
> What settings should I use to print my photos? Is there some smarter way to
> do this? Perhaps Digikam has a built-in detection-type-a-thing that does al
> the sizing and prining for you, when you click "print image" and lets you
> choose all the setting yourself when pressing the regular "print"-button?
> Thanks for a great piece of software!
> Keep up the good work.
> Jeff
>
> P.S. Please forward all replies to me, as I am not subscribed to this list.

1. Don't use digiKam print plugin, instead I suggest you  use the standard
kprinter dialog from Image Editor via File->Print Image.

2. Select 4x6 paper

3. Select the desired orientation: portrait or landscape.

4. Select "use custom margins", here I set to 0 all of them, because my
printer can print borderless images.

5. Be sure the resolution in "Driver settings" is adecuated and the "Scale the
image to fit" option is enabled in "Image settings" tab.

I hope this can be useful for you.

Paco Cruz