[Digikam-users] Lossless Rotation (outside image editor) not available here

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jun 15 11:28:35 BST 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 12:23, Michael Fehr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am desperately seeking for a way to rotake my JPG-photos in a lossless
> way.
>
> As I understood from the former discussions on this list, a losless
> rotation will be performed outside the image editor, e.g. by
> right-clicking on a Thumbnail.
>
> However, digikam does not provide this option to me :-(
>
> I am using Suse 10.1 with the following software versions:
>
> digikam 0.8.1-23
> digikamimageplugins 0.8.1-7.2
> libkipi 0.1.4-3.2
> kipi-plugins 0.1.0rc2-9.2
>
> that I installed from RPMs provided by Smart Channels for Suse 10.1
> (software.opensuse.org and ftp.gwdg.de/[...]/RPMS.base/[...])
>
> There is no option to rotate pictures outside the image editor,
> neither in the context menu of a thumbnail nor in the main menu.

In fact, these options are provided by JPEGLossLess kipi plugin, not digiKam
itself. Are you a line like this :

KIPI (loading): Plugin_JPEGLossless plugin loaded
KIPI (loading): KIPI::PluginLoader: Loaded plugin JPEGLossless

... when you start digiKam from a console.

Also, are you enable this plugin into Kipiplugins setup dialog page ?

Gilles Cauler