[Digikam-users] Pictures not rotated

Stephan Paukner paux at paukner.cc
Fri Jul 28 16:05:04 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 13:30 +0200, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > With digiKam 0.9.0-beta1 (Debian) this problem still resides. When I
> > connect to the camera (Canon Digital IXUS 750), select a thumbnail and
> > open the image in digiKam's built-in editor, the picture gets rotated
> > correctly (because I activated the corresponding checkbox in the digiKam
> > settings).
>
> I think you talking about the Exif auto-rotate option in Metadata setup...

Yes. I just wanted to say that the image (or the EXIF info) seems to be
OK.

> > But when downloading, the picture is only downloaded, and not
> > rotated afterwards.
>
> About Camera interface, there is a specific setting in dialog ! Are you enable
> this one ? Also, Exif autorotate only works on JPEG image actually.

Yes, I activated that checkbox, but it had no effect.

> There is a lot of debug message in the console if you have compiled digiKAm
> using ./configure --enable-debug=full option...

OK, I installed exiv2 from source (as using Debian's libexiv2-dev raised
an error during make-ing of digikam), and then installed
digikam-0.9.0-beta1 from source. After ./configure --enable-debug=full
there were all "YES".

When starting, there are lines saying:
digikam: Cannot parse EXIF metadata using Exiv2

However, opening the image in the built-in editor gives:

digikam: Cannot parse EXIF metadata using Exiv2
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
digikam: Exif Orientation: 6

and the image is displayed correctly (portrait).
The download gives:

digikam: Exif autorotate: IMG_1368.JPG using
(/home/ps/bilder/digicam/2006/07/.digikam-camera-7515)
digikam: ExifRotate: not a JPEG
file: /home/ps/bilder/digicam/2006/07/.digikam-camera-7515
digikam: [static Digikam::DImg::FORMAT Digikam::DImg::fileFormat(const
QString&)] Failed to open file
digikam: Size of Exif metadata from camera = 10238
digikam: Exif header found at position 4
digikam: Dirty: /2006/07

And I uploaded that image to: http://paux.paukner.cc/temp/IMG_1368.JPG

HTH & thanks!

Regards