[Digikam-users] Pictures not rotated

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Fri Jul 28 20:59:02 BST 2006

> > On the command line, I don't get any error message. It worked with a
> > previous version of digiKam.
>
> With digiKam 0.9.0-beta1 (Debian) this problem still resides. When I
> connect to the camera (Canon Digital IXUS 750), select a thumbnail and
> open the image in digiKam's built-in editor, the picture gets rotated
> correctly (because I activated the corresponding checkbox in the digiKam
> settings). But when downloading, the picture is only downloaded, and not
> rotated afterwards.

I downloaded your sample pictures, and everything seems to work as it should
here.

In main (thumbnail) view, the image is displayed rotated (street at the
bottom, sky at the top)
Same in image editor
Metadata sidebar displays EXIF orientation "Right, top"

Is that different for you?

I have the option "Show images/thumbs rotated according to their orientation
tag" set to true.

Please note that if there is already a thumbnail for your picture, and you
change the option afterwards, the thumbnail will not be regenerated (there is
a b.k.o entry for this, we want to fix this).
So you need to move the picture to a different album to test this, or use a
fresh image.

Marcel